sábado, 28 de enero de 2012

Las Meninas By Diego Velasquez

My favorite piece of art is “Las Meninas” is a 1656 painting by Diego Velazquez, is a beautiful piece of art because represent a complex an enigmatic mean, actually different artist around the world give different meanings to the painting.
In the painting appear a large room in the castle of king Felipe IV of Spain, and in to this room appear many women, this women are doing different activities and positions and the painting shows a interaction between these women, they are looking at different things however each objet or person in the room is related to each other, if you look the gaze of each you will notice that they look at certain things in specific for that this painting iv very enigmatic, because each person look different things of him.

This painting has a great meaning for the qualitative science because represent the subjective gaze of this science, for example the sociology, anthropology or human geography because in this science the qualitative gaze is the most important paradigm.
I saw this painting for first time on my school, for one work of history, and I was much struck its meaning, because first I don’t understand the real meaning of the painting but when my teacher explain me the meaning was very awesome.
I like this painting also because the lyric of a song is about the meaning of this painting but applied to love, the name of the song is “Las Meninas” by Mecanica Popular.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario